January 8, 2013 Dates Fifty-One & Fifty-Two – Smitten Kitten
Sidebar: You wouldn’t believe the number of adorable photos of kittens you can find when you search “kittens in love“… I’m impressed, and I’m not even a big fan of kittens. Screw that, I love kittens. Who doesn’t love kittens? Horrible, horrible people. I digress.
Smitten kitten, that’s me; MEOW! I’ve spent much of my spare time recently either hanging with BLUSH (you met BLUSH here), helping BLUSH with some fun online projects or daydreaming about BLUSH. I’m doomed!
Our epically long dates #51 and #52 included:
- Eats at El Camino’s on Main (@el_caminos on Twitter). Sunday brunch ends at 2:00 (bullshit) Does anyone know how they make the Chickpea Fritas rectangular? Curious… Food was pretty decent, server was nice.
- Eats at Pho Nhuan Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup on Rupert. Don’t order vegetarian pho; they put hair in it.
- Sushi at Sushi Garden Japanese Restaurant on Kingsway. Pretty fresh and fantastic.
- Homemade popcorn a mi casa. Loved learning how to make this. Coconut oil & spices, #nomnomnom.
- Canadian Tire. Nothing says sexy like a flat tire.
- YouTube surfing: Comedian Kev Hart (LOL), and a bunch of music videos including some of my favourites: Bloom by the Paper Kites (the lyrics get me every time!), Her Morning Elegance by Oren Lavie, and Halocene by Bon Iver.
- Movie snuggling: If you haven’t seen Lars and the Real Girl, you must. It’s a classic. Who knew Ryan Gosling can sing!
- 1 game of cribbage. I got schooled.
- 1 goodnight kiss! BOOM!
So scary (and foreign) to feel so vulnerable. But I’m game.
P.S. Trysting is tiring. Gloriously, gloriously tiring.
Tags: Bon Iver, Burnaby, Canadian Tire, Cribbage, El Camino's, Goodnight Kisses, Kev Hart, Lars and the Real Girl, Main Street, online dating, Oren Lavie, Paper Kites, Pho, Ryan Gosling, Smitten, Smitten Kitten, Sushi, Vancouver, YouTube